Saudi Arabian establishments
on Sunday re-opened the Muslim sacred places for Umrah pilgrimage on Sunday
after a seven-month break due to the coronavirus.
Following
coronavirus procedures, the first lot of Umrah pilgrims inwards in the wee
hours of Sunday, said the Office of Hajj and Umrah on Twitter.
Without giving additional
details, the ministry public photos of the visitors entering the Masjid
al-Haram in Makkah.
Saudis and foreign
peoples of the kingdom will be indorsed to perform Umrah or the slight
pilgrimage, at the Grand Masjid at a 30% size or 6,000 people per day as of
Sunday.
Earlier, the
official SPA newscast agency reported that the blockade placed around the Kaaba
and the holy Black Stone will continue in its place and visitors will be banned
from touching them as part of the COVID-19 events.
Masjid al-Haram,
where the Kaaba is situated, will be clean 10 times a day, SPA said, adding that
isolation rooms were already ready for visitors showing indications of
COVID-19.
Last week, Saudi
Arabia proclaimed that it will slowly lift a coronavirus-related travel ban for
the Umrah pilgrimage.
The SPA said both
local and global worshippers coming for Umrah and worship will be acknowledged
as of Nov. 1, while both Masjid al-Haram and Al-Masjid al-Nabawi will be unlocked
for worship at full volume by taking COVID-19 protective events.
Several sites were
ready, namely (Ajyad, Al-Shisha, Al-Gaza, and Al-Zahir) to collect the Umrah
performers, then transport them to the Grand Masjid by buses, escorted by
health facilities, rendering to the Saudi Press Agency.
The General
Presidency for the Affairs of the Grand Masjid and the Prophet’s Masjid has
placed current cameras, to save the Two Holy Masjids free of COVID-19
Due to the
pandemic, the Hajj pilgrimage this year was incomplete to those living in Saudi
Arabia and pilgrims from overseas were not accepted.
Umrah is the
Islamic pilgrimage to the holy city of Makkah that Muslims can assume at any
time of the year.